Little Acorns is a small, privately run nursery with a dedicated team, which allows children to develop and learn in a protected, happy and cosy environment. It provides children from 12 months to 6 years of age with an opportunity to learn across all areas of Early Years’ Development, following the British Curriculum, up to the end of Foundation Stage.
All their teachers are native English speakers and fully qualified. They have large, airy classrooms with state of the art facilities, educational materials and technology. Each class has an average of 15 children with one teacher and one teaching assistant.
They also have a lovely playground with a vegetable garden, outdoor playing facilities and sand pit, as well as a gym.
The school has afternoon clubs for children up to the age of 14 in activities like music, cookery, art, drama, yoga, and swimming, among others. They also organise holiday camps for children with a variety of fun activities, all in English.
They focus on all areas of Early Years Development:
- Language and literacy, ensuring your child develops a total command of English, through communication, books, story telling, singing and theatre, using Jolly Phonics as our main methodology.
- Problem solving, numeracy and shapes in a formal way and through play and practical applications, using the Numicon system among others
- Creative development through art and crafts, music and dance.
- Cultures, religions and differentiation are covered teaching knowledge, respect and understanding of the world around us.
- Play is an important aspect of development, allowing your child to develop through social interaction, role- playing and games.
- Introduction to technology, providing state of the art ICT facilities with iPad usage from 12 months onwards in our tech corners in each classroom.
- Health, nutrition and the environment, teaching children to care for themselves and nature.
- Physical development through exercise, dance, sessions promoting balance and motor skills, gym activities, and many extra curricular sports activities such as swimming and yoga.
All in all, Their objective is to make your child a happy, confident, inspired and motivated individual, encouraging his/her personal, social and emotional development.
Campus Empresarial Minipark 1
Edificio E. Calle Azalea 1, 28109 Soto de la Moraleja, Madrid, Spain
T. 91 650 27 50
Children from 12 months to 6 years